Another naughty but nice desert. Home made Banoffee pie that we all enjoy especially at family gatherings. There must be some goodness in it as it contains Bananas. They are very easy to make too and should serve 8 people using this recipe.
A delicious desert full of banana goodness, oh and some chocolate and cream.
- 150 g Digestive Biscuits
- 75 g Butter For The Filling
- 75 g Butter For The Base
- 397 g Tin of Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 small Bananas
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 50 g Milk Chocolate Grated
You will need: a 20cm (8in) round tin.
Chilling time: a minimum of 2¼ hours. Cook time: 5 minutes.
1. Line the tin with baking paper.
2. First make the pie base. Finely crush the biscuits with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, add the biscuits and combine. Spoon into the base of the tin, pressing down with the back of the spoon to level. Chill for 15 minutes.
3. To make the filling, heat the butter in the pan and stir over a low heat until combined. Add the condensed milk and bring to the boil, stirring continuously, for 2–3 minutes or until dark golden. Do not allow to boil for too long or it will become grainy. Add the vanilla extract and pour into the tin. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
Sue WAugust 13, 2018
Oh my, I shall definitely make this some day soon! Thank you ????
Trev JonesAugust 13, 2018
You’re welcome, Sue and it is delicious. 🙂
susiesopinionsAugust 13, 2018
Wish I could get all the ingredients.
adminAugust 13, 2018
Perhaps you can buy one ready made off the shelf?
abetterman21September 6, 2018
This looks really yummy!
adminSeptember 6, 2018
Thank you, abetterman21 and I can definitely confirm it is yummy.
SueWJuly 5, 2019
Hi Trev I was going to make this today but just realised the instructions do not say when to add the banana or the double cream!
adminJuly 5, 2019
Yikes, sorry Sue. Let me check up in where I’ve gone wrong. Thank you for letting me know.
adminJuly 5, 2019
Hi again, Sue. The banana should be sliced and added after step 2. Add the cream after step 3 when it’s been in the fridge for at least an hour. I shall alter the recipe tonight when I get on my laptop. Apologies again, Sue, but many thanks for pointing it out.