WordPress was primarily inspired by Noah Grey‘s Greymatter open-source web log and journal software. It is related to b2, sort of a second cousin twice removed. You can use WordPress to post your own stories, ideas, rants, reviews, links, and pictures of your toothless Uncle Ernie at the wedding reception, if you choose. In addition, you can customize the look and feel of your site. Numerous themes are available and may be modified in many different ways. Through the use of WordPress Themes, you can quickly change the look and style of your site. You can also extend WordPress’ functionality through the use of Plugins. Plugins let you create the website or blog that suits your needs. As you can see, its functionality exceeds or at least is similar to what is available in most blogging tools today.
I’m retired and free to inflict my thoughts and sense of humour upon the world......
- Nirvana I was sitting on my bench in the garden this morning, j... 54 comments | 11.15 views per day
- Independence Day I promised in my last post on here that I would try and... 40 comments | 4.27 views per day
- Playing The Guitar I've loved playing the guitar for nearly 50 years now... 44 comments | 2.85 views per day
- Chim Cheroo Chim cheroo, I finally have my chiminea up and running... 34 comments | 2.29 views per day
- This Killer Boogie Every morning after I have started my day, showered, ma... 47 comments | 2.21 views per day
- Away With The Fairies July 5, 2022Benchman has been on vacation, but now he’s coming home. He’s been away with the fairies. It’s good to know he’s enjoyed himself and the fairies have looked after him well. They will miss him as he will miss them. A wonderful place with wonderful fairies, music, poetry and great company. The post Away With […]
- Meeting Visitors November 29, 2021Meeting visitors, where they’re from or what they want I have no idea. I hope they come in peace. I like meeting new people, wherever they are from. It’s the nature of having a bench, you get to see a lot of what no one else will ever see. Wonderful. The post Meeting Visitors first […]
- Catching The Moon November 11, 2021We don’t know it, but the Moon has to have regular maintenance which includes a spit and polish every now and then. The moon has to be caught and not dropped. If it was, we would never see it again, gone forever. Benchman was on hand to witness an occasion of catching the moon one […]
Follow My Twitter Feed
- The First Day January 3, 2022The First Day Sweet maiden’s first day serenades,Her promise for the year,A descant laced with hopeful song,Her landscape, flushed with... The post The First Day first appeared on Gloria Smud.
- Desperate Measures March 21, 2020Desperate Measures It’s not the great beer that draws us all here,It’s not classy wine that tastes so damn fine,It’s... The post Desperate Measures first appeared on Gloria Smud.
- The Best Apple December 17, 2019The Best Apple An apple hung upon a tree,It stood out from the rest.Ruby red, sun ripened skinI knew I’d... The post The Best Apple first appeared on Gloria Smud.
- Banana CakeBanana Cake A delicious cake and a great way to use any ripe bananas that might ...
- Vegetable Stew and SoupWhat could be better on a cold winters night than a bowl of home made ...
- Apple & Blackberry PieApple & Blackberry Pie We are fortunate to have an abundance of wild fruit growing where ...
- Banoffee PieBanoffee Pie Another naughty but nice desert. Home made Banoffee pie that we all enjoy especially ...
- Chocolate and Beetroot CakeRecipes I hope you look out for my recipes and they prove useful to you. I’m ...